New Medical Assistant
Advance to Chapters Introduction
Review Important Medical Office Concepts and Skills—No Sign Up Required
Medical assistant skill review and online self study guide for new and
seasoned medical assistants. Instantly review essential skills 100% free now.
If you are planning a career as a medical assistant we provide a creative look at what a medical assistant does.
While this is not a complete medical assistant course each chapter covers many important areas of medical assistant
knowledge and a glance behind the scenes of a busy medical office. Our goal is to introduce you to basic
concepts of the medical assistant discipline and briefly touch on fundamental skills typically encountered in a
medical office. All chapters are printable so you can evaluate your knowledge any time you
Assistant Skills Review Free Online - Instantly!
From organizational, administrative and clinical duties, infection control methods, medical record
management, confidentiality, consent for medical treatment, to incident reports and release of medical information.
Each and every chapter highlights important responsibilities and case scenarios a medical assistant must know how
Our program was initially provided at UniversalClass.com with special focus on real situations and
daily medical office routines. Similar modules might be taught in formal medical assistant vocational training programs.
Free Medical Assistant Skills Review:
Learn how medical assistants keep the doctors and daily medical office routines on track and work flow
going. Catch a glimpse of important concepts that make the medical assistant so indispensable:
1. Concepts of health and illness
2. Patients' Bill of Rights and responsibilities
3. Concept of professional ethics
4. Commitment to understanding and interpersonal
5. Patient education and proper communication
6. Legal implications and informed consent
Medical Assistant Skills Overview
7. Important personal traits of a health care professional
8. Key elements of professional conduct
9. Communication techniques used in a health care
10. Proper reporting and charting procedures
The Needs and Care of a Medical Patient
The role of the medical assistant as part of the modern medical office health
care team is becoming increasingly important and as medical research and new discoveries advance at an exponential
rate, so are the demands and expectations doctors have of their medical assistants.
Doctors, employers, recruiters and job agencies are screaming for more qualified front and back office
medical assistive staff and are ready to recruit well trained medical assistants for available positions. New
medical assistants should take every opportunity to enhance, solidify and further their knowledge in order to
remain efficient and competitive in today's highly technical and rapidly advancing health care system.
12. Non-emergency ambulatory care provided for patients
13. Needs of a surgical patient during the preoperative and postoperative phases of treatment
14. Evaluate the needs of the orthopedic patient
15. Uses and application procedures for dressings and bandages
16. Needs of the terminally ill patient
17. Identifying patient safety concerns in a medical office
18. Identify environmental hygiene concerns in a medical office
19. Recall medical asepsis principles and recognize medical asepsis practices
20. Surgical aseptic techniques, and the correct sterilization process for different types of materials
21. Sterile article handling and surgical hand scrubbing techniques, and gowning and gloving
22. Proper handling of sharps and medical waste sorting, packaging, handling, and disposal procedures
23. General first aid rules
24. Protocols for triage
25. Different types of wound treatments
26. Management and treatment procedures for open and internal soft-tissue injuries
27. Classification and evaluation process for burns, and appropriate treatment for types of burn
28. Appropriate stabilization and treatment procedure for the management of bone injuries
Advance to Introduction Introduction
NOTE: Continue only after reading this and the previous lessons!